Web-based Learning, Journals and Articles
RANZCR Learning Portal – Learning Management System (LMS)
A number of learning resources number of resources including weblinks, book references, podcasts, videos are available within our LMS. In addition,
RANZCR e-Learning Courses
The e-Learning Library project consists of more than ten hours of online courses based in the non-medical specialist areas of communication, management and professionalism. There are a total of 16 courses and all are available on the Learning Management System (LMS) of the RANZCR Learning Portal.
e-Learning Library project courses:
- Communication Essentials: Internal Communication
- Communication Essentials: External Communication Part 1 & Part 2
- Communication Essentials: Performance Feedback for Positive Change Part 1 & Part 2
- Management Essentials: The Role of Manager Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3
- Management Essentials: Managing Others
- Management Essentials: Understanding Self as Manager
- Management Essentials: Change Management Principles Part 1 & Part 2
- Management Essentials: Transitioning through Change Part 1 & Part 2
- Management Essentials: Conducting an Effective Meeting Part 1 & Part 2
- Management Essentials: Conflict Management Part 1 & Part 2
- Management Essentials: The Recruitment & Selection Process
- Management Essentials: Behavioural Interviewing Techniques
- Management Essentials: Work, Health & Safety Act (2011)
- Professionals’ Essentials: Characteristics of Clinical Leadership
- Professionals’ Essentials: Leadership Styles & Resilience
- Professionals’ Essentials: Leadership Skills
This Project has been funded by the Department of Health and Ageing under the Rural Health Continuing Education Sub-program (RHCE) Stream One which is managed by the Committee of Presidents of Medical Colleges. The College is solely responsible for the content of, and views expressed in any material associated with this Project.
Click on the e-Learning Library Menu document for a list of available e-Learning courses on the LMS.
As part of the Intercultural Learning for Medical Specialists Project, RANZCR along with 12 other medical colleges, has been involved in the development of intercultural learning modules. There are 6 new intercultural learning modules now available on the Learning Management System (LMS) of the RANZCR Learning Portal.
Intercultural learning modules include:
- Intercultural Learning for Medical Specialists
- Low and High Context Communication
- Communication Styles
- Cultural Values: Self and Others
- Cultural Values – Self in the World
- Explanatory Models
This project has been funded by the Department of Health under the Rural Health Continuing Education Sub-program (RHCE) Stream One which is managed by the Committee of Presidents of Medical Colleges. The project was led by RACS and all modules were developed by the members of an intercollegial steering committee. This steering committee is solely responsible for the content of, and views expressed in any material associated with the Intercultural Learning for Medical Specialists Project.
Click on the Intercultural Learning Modules document for a list of available e-Learning courses on the LMS.
CPD points for completion of these e-learning courses will automatically be uploaded to your CPD profile in the RANZCR Learning Portal.
The e-learning courses can be found on the Learning Management System of the RANZCR Learning Portal. To access the RANZCR Learning Portal, please refer to the following documents:
For further information on the e-learning library, please click here.
Recorded presentations from RANZCR Annual Scientific Meetings (ASM), RANZCR Branch meeting (NSW and VIC) as well as other selected events are available in the RANZCR Webcast Catalogue.
Recorded presentations are currently available for the following meetings:
- 2013 ASM
- 2012 ASM (AOCR 2012)
- 2012 FRO ASM (Radiation Oncology)
- 2011 ASM
- 2010 ASM
- 2009 ASM
- 2008 ASM
- RANZCR Victorian Branch Monthly Scientific Meeting (2009 to the current)
- RANZCR NSW Monthly Scientific Meeting (2009 to the current)
To view any presentations from the above list, please click here. To navigate, please click on the folder of your choice to the left. Then click on a presentation of your choice to view.
CPD points can be claimed for watching these presentations as follows:
Radiology – Category 4.3B – Other Web-based Imaging Learning: 1 point per hour
Radiation Oncology – Category 4.2B – Other Web-based Learning: 1 point per hour
Please note that members wishing to claim watching these presentations as a CPD activity will need to keep a list of what they have watched (name of presentation, the date watched and the length of time watched).
CPD+ is an online platform developed to provide another avenue for continuing education for RANZCR members. Multiple-choice quizzes based on journal articles are uploaded onto the CPD+ website with each new issue of the Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology (JMIRO). On the CPD+ website RANZCR members can read the JMIRO articles and then complete the multiple-choice quizzes which will be recorded on the website.
The CPD+ website is maintained by Wiley-Blackwell and RANZCR members are able to access the CPD+ website by clicking on the below links.
- If you have not created a username and password (please note this is not the same as your RANZCR login details), please click here:
- If you have already created a username and password for the CPD+ website, please click here:
RANZCR members can claim CPD points for completing the multiple-choice quizzes as follows:
Radiology – Category 4.4 – Journal Reading: 1 point per hour (for both reading the articles and completing the quizzes)
Radiation Oncology – Category 4.1 – Journal Reading: 1 point per article (for reading the articles); Category 4.2B – Other Web-based Learning: 1 point per hour (for completing the quizzes)
The CPD points for this activity can be recorded using CPD online in the RANZCR Learning Portal which is accessible by clicking on the RANZCR Learning Portal logo in the top right hand side of the RANZCR website.
Evidence of completion can be downloaded and printed from My Results tab of the CPD+ website. The document can be printed or made into a PDF and uploaded into CPD online in the RANZCR Learning Portal.
RANZCR members have full access to the Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology (JMIRO) and are able to get online access to the website by clicking here.
RANZCR members also have access to several other journals published by Wiley-Blackwell including:
- Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (ANZJOG)
- Emergency Medicine Australasia
- ANZ Journal of Surgery
- Internal Medicine Journal
- The Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Clinical & Experimental Ophthalmology
- The Australasian Journal of Dermatology
Please note to access these Journals, members will have to login to the College website.
Submitting Radiology e-Cases
RANZCR members can also claim CPD points for submission of digital cases (DICOM format) for the e-Film Reading exams.
A total of 4 CPD points can be claimed under Category 3.5C – Exam Question Development for each e-Case (with a maximum of 30 CPD points per year).
Please click here for more information and the submission form.
Ms Freya St Julian
Project Officer, CPD
Phone: +61 2 9268 9708
Fax: +61 2 9268 9799