RANZCR Learning Portal
The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR) Learning Portal is a platform for all things ‘learning’ with the College and can be accessed anytime from anywhere. The RANZCR Learning Portal encompasses three online systems including Continuing Professional Development (CPD) online, Trainee Information Management System (TIMS) and a Learning Management System (LMS).
- CPD online allows members to enter and monitor their CPD activities. Find out more
- TIMS manages trainees’ assessments according to the progression requirements of the training program. Find out more
- The LMS provides members with access to online educational resources and RANZCR online courses and events. Find out more
What are the benefits of the Learning Portal?
- A platform on which to put learning related information.
- A single platform for all our College learning activities and opportunities.
- A repository for e-learning courses in the LMS.
- Ability to access anytime… anywhere.
Learning Portal Access
Access to the Learning Portal is provided to College members and will be managed through the College’s membership database. Access to particular sections of the Learning Portal will be dependent on your membership status within the College. For example, members participating in CPD will have access to the CPD online, and trainees will have access to TIMS.
To access the RANZCR Learning Portal click on the RANZCR Learning Portal icon on the top right hand side of the RANZCR website. For a step by step guide on how to access the RANZCR Learning Portal, please refer to the Logging into the Learning Portal document.
What will you need?
- Your member number and registration for access to the College’s website
- A computer
- Minimum software requirements of:
- Processor: Pentium 4 or equivalent
- Operating System: Windows XP or 7 (32 bit only), Mac OS X
- Internet Browser (free to download): Internet Explorer 8, Mozilla Firefox 46, Google Chrome 13 or Apple Safari 5
- An internet connection
- Popups enabled for the Learning Portal. For more information please refer to the Disable Pop-Up Blocker User Guide
Although the College has made every effort to ensure the Learning Portal performs well, certain limitations due to specific computer settings may interfere with the normal running of this application. If you are experiencing difficulties, please contact the College via email: email@example.com
CPD online is available to all College members who participate in the CPD Program. It allows you:
- Provision of an overview of your completed activities for the given year in both text and graphics.
- Reduced data entry time using the CPD Event calendar to automatically populate CPD activities.
- Automatic transfer of points upon completion of RANZCR e-learning modules in the LMS.
- Ability to enter activities and evidence at any time throughout the year.
- Ability to print out your CPD statements and Activity Summaries at any time.
- Opportunity to make reflective diary entries, export them and print them out at any time – note that College staff will not have access to diary entries.
To access CPD online, you must first access the RANZCR Learning Portal by clicking on the RANZCR Learning Portal icon on the top right hand side of the RANZCR website. For a step by step guide on how to access the RANZCR Learning Portal, please refer to the Logging into the Learning Portal document. Once you are in the Home page of the Learning Portal, you can access CPD online by clicking on CPD in the black menu bar at the top of the screen.
For further information on CPD online refer to:
The LMS is available to all College members. It allows for:
- Consolidation of various learning resources within one central location
- Access to online learning (e-learning), enrolment in face-to-face courses and blended learning opportunities
- A library of resources including website links, journals, book lists and podcasts relative to your respective discipline
- Development of knowledge in the non-medical expert areas through e-learning courses developed by the Education and Research Unit, and funded by the Rural Health Continuing Education (RHCE) grant
- Provision of e-learning for a geographically dispersed workforce.
To access the LMS, you must first access the RANZCR Learning Portal by clicking on the RANZCR Learning Portal icon on the top right hand side of the RANZCR website. For a step by step guide on how to access the RANZCR Learning Portal, please refer to the Logging into the Learning Portal document. Once you are in the Home page of the Learning Portal, you can access the LMS by clicking on LMS in the black menu bar at the top of the screen.
For further information on the LMS refer to:
What courses and resources will be available?
A number of resources including weblinks, book references, podcasts, videos are available within our LMS. In addition, a number of e-Learning courses within the non-medical expert areas of Management, Communication and Professionalism are also available. These e-learning courses have been funded by the Department of Health and Ageing under the Rural Health Continuing Education Sub-program (RHCE) Stream One which is managed by the Committee of Presidents of Medical Colleges. It should be noted that the RANZCR is solely responsible for the content of, and views expressed in any material associated with the e-learning courses. For further information on the e-learning library, please visit e-learning library.
The Trainee Information Management System (TIMS) will manage trainees’ assessments according to the progression requirements of the training program. It will function as a repository for assessment submission (e-Portfolio) and will direct assessment evaluation workflows. Trainees and Directors of Training will be given access via the RANZCR Learning Portal.
Please click here for further information.
Changes to RANZCR Website Registration
In August 2012, the College introduced an Authentication Server for increased security. This will result in a more convenient experience for users accessing the online applications. The Authentication Server will enable a user to navigate to Applications without being prompted again to complete log in credentials. User credentials will be validated through the iMIS membership database.
Once the new system is live, an email address will no longer be required to log into the RANZCR website. Your Username will be your College Member ID Number which is also your CPD number. This number can be found on your Member Advantage Card and on College correspondence.
Should you not know your College Member ID Number, please contact the College office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 02 9268 9777.
Once the authentication server becomes active members can retrieve this information online by following the prompts on the login page.
Once credentials have been confirmed on the RANZCR website homepage, members can then proceed through to the member only pages of the website, through to the LP or continue to IMIS to pay subscriptions, update details or change passwords.
Members looking for more information are asked to please contact:
Phone: +61 2 9268 9777